Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pre-K Butterfly Blog: Part 3

Today was our final day making our video! The students had so much fun and learned a lot. We used multiple intelligences to maximize learning and the results were obvious. Students were a part of every process and loved the responsibility. It was fascinating watching these young students take charge of their learning! Their blog really reflects the hard work they did.

Because I have had practice with Destination Imagination, I am good with questioning. I know how to ask questions to make the lesson worthwhile for students and it really worked. They are creative enough without me, but guiding them to where they needed to be was where the work was. Plus, the students are so bright, it wasn't even work!

To make our video, we used both pictures and video clips taken with my digital camera. We utilized PowerPoint and Windows Live Movie Maker to put it all together. An instrumental version of the song "Mermaid" by Train was used for the credits. Pictures and videos were captured before, during, and after our learning so we could watch the process unfold. One time my battery wasn't charged completely so better planning could have helped me out there, but other than that things went smoothly. Different lighting could have helped me as well.

I am so proud of my students for getting this together, learning, and having fun while doing it. They did a great job making their video, too; please watch and tell us how we did!

2 comments:

  1. haha whos idea was it to have everyone stick out there tongue at the end??! lol. I love how you used multiple intelligence in your video and even though someone from the outside may be totally baffled as to what the children where doing jumping around. I bet the kids loved pretending that they actually were butterflies which helped them learn what happens when a butterfly breaks out of their chrysalis, learned a new word today. What really blew me away was how close your storyboard matched up to your video, even to the second, EVEN TO THE HAIR STYLES OF THE CHILDREN!!! That was awesome. Good job. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted the kids to have fun so I let them take a pretty picture and a silly picture. For some reason, they all ended up sticking their tongues out! I'm glad you noticed how nicely the video matched the storyboard... it's funny how things work out sometimes! :)

      Delete