Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pre-K Butterfly Blog: Part 1

Eight students and I began learning about the life cycle of a butterfly! It was a wonderful experience working with such young, fresh minds and hearing their thoughts and ideas. They have so much to say and they know so much! We created a blog for them focusing on the preliminary parts of our unit.

Leading them through inquiry-based learning was not as hard as I thought and I'm so glad to have had this experience. These students are so brought and were able to fly through a discussion and questioning even without me around!

parent letter was created for this class and I'm glad to have this created. This may be used in my future classroom and it's already done and out of the way!

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of the blog!
    The blog post is so simple and characteristic of a pre-k class. Great topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One question. How are parents suppose to email you if your email address is email@address.com. That cant be a real address, can it? Anywho. Yeah, I am with you on the fact that generating IBQ are an easy thing to do. We do them all the time in our classrooms that it seems like common sense, at least now we can sound official by saying Inquiry-Based Questions though.

    ReplyDelete