Monday, April 15, 2013

Pre-K Butterfly Blog: Part 2

Because I am working with four year olds, I had a little more control over research than what would typically be expected. However, these students knew what they wanted and knew what they wanted to see! Through our KWL, we searched for answers to questions we had and learned all about caterpillars and butterflies!

During the process, I explained what I was doing and why. We discussed functions of a computer and students helped come up with their thoughts of what to do next. Most times, if I modeled students would catch right on and were able to tell me how to do it the next time!

These students are so smart; I can't wait until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Its great to lead students by example and showing them how to use the computer and what a great tool it can be. I did not have such young students but I did have a student who took much prompting and in many cases it was similar in the leading experience. As we were pressed for time I found myself allowing him to do a little bit of research but then I took over as scribe so that we could get through what we needed to in a timely fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that all these kids need is for you to model something on the internet and they are off like a jackrabbit. Children are growing up and around technology at such an early are now it is amazing, wow did I really just say that? Man, do I sound old.

    ReplyDelete