Saturday, March 9, 2013

Digital Storytelling

I hadn't learned much about digital storytelling before this class, but I am glad that it has been brought to my attention! It can be a unique project to use in the classroom that will allow students to enjoy what they are learning.

Digital storytelling is a form of film making that allows people to share parts of their life with others. There are seven elements in storytelling that are crucial to the art and three types that can be made. They are to be kept in mind when making these digital stories.

This is effective for student learning because they are more interested in their learning while they are doing something fun and different. It teaches them skills they would not have acquired doing other types of projects or regular work. It may be hard to do in a special education setting, but it is definitely doable.

1 comment:

  1. I like how short and sweet your post is. Not compared to mine, I kind of want to go back and change my format now... I am with you, once again, that this would be very hard to use in your special ed class, depending on the severity of your students. It would be doable but thanks to this lesson we learned I think that we both learned how we could modify our lesson to using this in our classrooms. I could see myself using this more as a resource tool for social stories then having students make their own.

    ReplyDelete